Welcome to MC Online. Please read this policy carefully. It applies between you, the user of this Website and us, MC Online, the owners and providers of this Website. This policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website and sets out how we will treat your personal information.
By using our Website, you accept this policy in full. If you disagree with any part of this policy, you must not use our Website. If you have any questions about this policy, please write to us using the contact form on our Website.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in clause 3;
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to us via the Website. This shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
“UK and EU Cookie Law” means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
“User”, “You” and “Your” means any party that accesses the Website that is not employed by us and acting in the course of their employment;
“We/Us/Our” means MC Online Ltd, a company registered in England under number 10475188, whose shop is in the Intu Shopping Centre, 67 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 3GB and whose registered office is at 27 St. Cuthberts Street, Bedford, England, MK40 3JG; and
“Website” means the website that you are currently using (www.mconline.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- What information do we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and your visits to and use of this Website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Website navigation);
- any other information that you choose to send to us; and
- any other information that we may receive.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
We use various analytics tools to analyse the use of this Website. Analytics tools generate statistical and other information about the use of Websites by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to our Website is used to create reports about the use of the Website. The analytics tools we use will store this information and they have their own privacy policies, which we can send you on request.
- Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us via this Website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or in relevant parts of the Website. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see clause 7 below.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the Website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the Website;
- provide any goods to you which you have ordered from the Website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically agreed to;
- send you our newsletter and marketing communications relating to our business by post or by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website.
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors only as is reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this policy. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your information to third parties.
- International data transfers
Any information that may be collected, stored and processed in the UK or worldwide will be subject to and in accordance with this policy.
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the Website or on social media will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
- Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers.
Date transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Accessing your own Data
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- our right to charge an administration fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- Third party websites
- Changes of Business Ownership and Control
We may sell and/or the transfer out of our control all or part of the business. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us. In the event that any Data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be informed of the changes.
- Intellectual property rights
- Limitation and exclusion of warranties and liability
This policy does not limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law (including, but not limited to, your rights as a consumer).
Except as provided above, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this Website and the use of this Website.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event beyond our reasonable control or in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software. We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, including (without limitation) any business losses, loss of or damage to profits, income, anticipated savings, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that all descriptions of goods available from us correspond to the actual goods available, we cannot guarantee that all photographs and descriptions will be precisely accurate. Please note colours displayed on the website may look different to the actual colour of the goods.
We cannot guarantee that the Website will remain available, that it will be compatible with all computer systems, or that the material or stock indications (where provided) on the Website will be kept up-to-date.
We may revise this policy. The revised policy will apply to the use of our Website from the date of the publication of the revised policy on our Website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
- Entire agreement
- Law and jurisdiction
This policy will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this policy will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.